Clear all

FIX unreal engine 5 build.

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@zeq2mapper)
Customer
Topic starter  

This is giving me a host of issues, first it keeps deactivating, then importing splines worked once now it doesn't work at all, and it crashes. I paid alot of money for this plugin and I expect it to work. This is really disappointing. CAN someone help me? I paid for the PRO version....

(@zeq2mapper)
Customer
Topic starter  

EDIT: It seems enabling large worlds in world settings is breaking things.....

ReplyQuote
(@zeq2mapper)
Customer
Topic starter  

EDIT: Now after creating another level in Ue5, trying to load a pretty massive residential road map area, and now unreal crashes. Why dont you guys tell people there are limitations before they buy? This plugin is obviously for SMALL maps. Now i feel like i wasted my money. On top of that, theres virtually NO support at all. Noone replies at all....

ReplyQuote
(@zeq2mapper)
Customer
Topic starter  

EDIT: Upon Further investigation, when creating landscape splines it eats up Disk space, make sure you have alot to import, remember it has to duplicate the meshes. 

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

How big is the area you’re seeking to create?

Landscape splines are generally fairly inefficient. It seems to be related to rendering the icons for the pints - switching to game mode reduced this, but creates the proble of trying to edit the spines once imported

Please try using TerraForm PRO’s multi-landscape splines. These have many benefits (selectable in the world outliner, deform multiple tiled landscapes simultaneously, use styles to simplify/optimise development work flow etc) and are significantly more performant.

Whilst UE5 is capable, it does have some limitations. These aren’t created/imposed by TerraForm PRO. UE5 considers landscapes greater than 20km x 20km to be large…

ReplyQuote
(@zeq2mapper)
Customer
Topic starter  

@paulc Hi finally some feedback!

Its pretty huge, atleast 7000Km. Look at the attachment, to get a bigger idea. Goto google maps type in Grand Bahama, Bahamas. Thats what i imported. Now I imported everything but its a huge mess in frame rate. How Can I tackle this??? Even in play mode its not all of that great. I haver a 3080ti. 

How can I use terraform Multi splines?? I mean I am clicking "Create landscape splines" in terraform and selecting a shapefile. 

ReplyQuote
(@zeq2mapper)
Customer
Topic starter  

This is how it looks in the editor. 

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

Click ‘Create Spline Actors’, then select ‘Multi-Landscape Splines’ in the Class Settings.

It might make sense to do a few tests on a smaller area until you get the hang of it.

ReplyQuote
(@zeq2mapper)
Customer
Topic starter  

@paulc I actually did this on a smaller area already. I didnt know there would be this much limitations. SIGH....I dunno what to do now.

ALSO, how to add mesh to the mutli landscape actor?

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

Did you try the multi-landscape splines?

ReplyQuote
(@zeq2mapper)
Customer
Topic starter  

@paulc Hi, i did, but there wasnt a way to select a mesh though. Any help on that?

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

To add meshes to multi-landscape splines you can either modify the style settings in the Details tab for selected actors, or you can create styles using tr Style Sheet to re-use and apply styles throughout the scene.

ReplyQuote
Share: