Notifications
Clear all

Tiled dataset import and tiled landscape creation ETA

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello!

This appears to be perfect for my project, but I definitely need the tiling support. Is there an updated ETA on the feature? Is there a newsletter to subscribe to so as to be notified when new updates are made?

Further, are you expecting to support unreal engine 5's early access, or is it planned to wait until 5.0?

Thanks!

Rebecca Delaney 21/06/2021 12:53 pm

I'm in the same boat. Not having tiled landscapes really hurts.

1 Answer

Hi Jeremy,

We're working on the tiling support at the moment. I was hoping to get an update on the ETA before responding, but there are a few things we need to work through before we'll have a good idea how much longer it will be.

You can indeed subscribe to our newsletter. There's a form on the bottom of the home page and the features page.

We'll definitely be supporting UE5. Whether we release a version for the early access version is another story - it depends on progress of some other tasks we're currently working on.

Best,

Paul

Paul 23/06/2021 3:09 pm

As a quick update, we're working through the process of converting a single DTM to multiple landscapes at the moment. It should be complete sometime next week. Then we'll work through the other side of the process - importing tiles of DTM and vector data. I'm expecting to receive something to test end of next week on the first part. We may release this as a minor update before going on to add support for tiled input data.

JeremyM Topic starter 23/06/2021 3:21 pm

Would a mosaic work as a single image for import? Or does it still function as tiled? (I work mostly with vector data, it's been years since I touched raster)

Paul 23/06/2021 3:48 pm

How big is the area (and what resolution) are you seeking to create?

Landscapes use up to 8129x8129 pixels and you should be able to export GeoTiffs at least 30k x 30k pixels, so 4x4 landscapes from a single tile in the next update.

JeremyM Topic starter 23/06/2021 3:50 pm

Uhhh, the entire western united States, and something like 60gb was the last mosaic I made of it. Not sure on resolution.

Rebecca Delaney 27/06/2021 8:59 pm

A single DTM to multi tiles would be fantastic! Can't wait for the update.

Share: