Notifications
Clear all

World Composition + TerraForm Pro Tutorial

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

Are their any plans on making a World Composition + TerraForm Pro tutorial? I am in the process of importing multiple smaller DTM files to create a larger landscape that will be much more friendly to multplayer environments. Unfortunately the terrains I'm importing via TerraForm Pro into a World Composition / multi-level environment are not lining up. Still going to spend the time to getting this working, but a tutorial on how to combine.. say.. 4 DTM to make a quad of a geographic point would be great.

Paul 23/06/2021 3:10 pm

We're expecting to have something soon to create multiple landscapes using World Composition (perhaps as early as sometime next week). If not, I'll put a tutorial together.

Kevin Atkinson 14/07/2021 2:56 am

Hi Paul... Great work on the website. It's been a long-time coming for the tiled landscape feature. It's been a few weeks since you mentioned having something for World Composition. Do you have an update or early access version to use?

Thanks,
Kev

Paul 19/07/2021 9:30 am

Hi Kev,

Thanks. We're wrapping a few extra features into the tiled landscapes - including reprojecting DTM data and clipping. It's taken a little longer than anticipated, but I'm advised to expect a version to test very shortly. Happy to provide early access, once it's available.

Kevin Atkinson 21/08/2021 1:23 pm

Hi Paul.

We are now going to be moving to UE5 as it will handle large open worlds far better than UE4 does and it will be the way going forward for us. Have you or will you be compiling Terraform Pro for UE5? I mostly need it to import just the landscape and road centre-lines.

Thanks

2 Answers

Hi Kevin,

We are. We're nearly done with the new tiled landscape creation. Once that's done, we'll compile for UE5.

Best,

Kevin Atkinson 02/09/2021 4:10 am

Nice Paul. Any update on the tiled terrain version being available to use?

Hi Kevin,

i’ve been sent a version to test, but am on vacation until 14th. If I get some time, I’ll test and advise, otherwise I’ll do so first thing on my return.

Francois 03/01/2022 4:51 pm

@paulc Hello, is there a version for UE5 available ?
Thanks for your reply

Share: