Notifications
Clear all

Geometry -> Houdini -> UE?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, fine folks at TerraForm!

I am super happy with my initial experiences with it.

I am generating towns based on GIS data (specifically the Czech countryside <-- link). As you are aware, I can only import point data, so I lose out on a bit of geometry precision.

I was thinking about importing the GIS geometry data into Houdini, running that through a building generator, and then somehow importing that into UE. Is it possible to make that play nice with the TerraForm importer such that it preserves its coordinates and is imported in the right location?

I was briefly looking through the plugin source code and couldn't find the import logic. I was considering extending it to handle geometry...

Cheers 🙂

1 Answer

Hi Henry,

So TerraForm PRO /PRO Enterprise can do this already. There are many blueprints for using GIS vector line data to create procedural content, including buildings, walls, fences, multi-landscape splines, power lines, etc, and to populate areas and lines with static meshes.

All these blueprints are available for you to figure out how they've been created so you can use similar techniques in your own blueprints. 

Please email me at info@terraformpro.com if you'd like to arrange a demo. 

Best,

Paul

Henry Ventura Topic starter 08/03/2022 9:25 pm

@paulc Thank you so much! I just sent you an email 🙂

Henry Ventura Topic starter 11/03/2022 8:04 am

@paulc Hi, are you getting my emails?

Share: