Notifications
Clear all

how to get correct landscape size?

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi.

I'm importing .dem 3025 px and I want landscape to be same size in meters . It worked this way in previous versions. 

But now Landscape has different size in meters (2032) for some reasons  - as you can see in Landscape Data section. 

How can I fix it? 

thanks

1 Answer

Hi Christian,

Apologies for the slight delay responding - I'm not sure how I missed this. 

We had to make some modifications to the landscape resolution in order to prevent issues with single floating point precision in UE4. Essentially, when creating tiled landscapes, the lack of precision caused seams to appear between landscapes. As a result, we were forced to limit landscape X and Y scales to multiples of 0.25m. 

What's happening in your example is that with the resolution of 1m/pixel, TerraForm is detecting that, given your desired landscape dimensions (2032), you have enough data to cover a single landscape and it's cropping the remainder. You can override this by modifying the resolution (e.g. to. 1.25m/pixel), or by changing the dimensions of your landscape to more closely approximate the dimensions of your source data. 

Now that UE5 supports double floating point precision, we'll bring back the ability to override resolution to ensure you can import exactly the DTM area you're giving TerraFormPRO.

Paul

Share: