Terrain data withou...

Notifications
Clear all

Terrain data without UTM projection

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, I'm currently using Terraform as part of a workflow we're creating for a client, and the client has all their models built using WGS84/Plate Carree projections, not their local UTM projections. I already have a landscape that is perfectly aligned (by eye) with their assets, but when I try to bring a DTM into the engine with Terraform, it doesn't really match up with what's there. If I try to import a WGS84 DTM, it crashes, so I've had to reproject them to Plate Carree and then import. I also have a material that projects a satellite map to the correct size of the terrain (found by measuring the bounds in QGIS), and it always seems to have either some offset or some distortion to what Terraform imports for the landscape. I assume this is due to the reprojection that happens in order to clip the heightmap to a landscape-compatible size, but I'm unsure of how to get it to line up how I want. My DTM is centered correctly and should be the right size as well, at least according to what I can measure in QGIS.

1 Answer

There could be a number of things going on here. If you email me at info@terraformpro.com, we can go through the specifics.

Share: